Presentation by Audra Marks, Psy.D.
This workshop is an opportunity to explore and identify the potential experiences of children who are experiencing divorce within their families. Dr. Marks will identify ways in which the therapist can help the parents support their children and address the stigma of divorce and how that impacts the children experiencing divorce in their families. The presenter will overview research and address how children are impacted by divorce and conflict within the parental relationship and ways in which children are impacted by divorce based on their developmental stage. Treatment goals for working with children in families who are experiencing divorce will be covered. Therapist action steps are clearly covered so that therapists can implement information learned in the workshop in therapy.
After attending this intermediate-level workshop, participants will be able to:
(1) Discuss the experiences of children who are experiencing divorce within their families
(2) Identify treatment goals for therapy for children who are experiencing divorce within their families
(3) Understand how children are impacted by divorce based on developmental stage
(4) Apply psychoeducation to conversations with parents of child clients who are experiencing divorce in their families in order to assist the parents in supporting the child.
(5) Implement action steps for therapists to provide effective therapy for their children clients who are experiencing divorce in their families.
This presentation will be held in person at Allendale's Bradley Counseling Center. Please RSVP to Tammy Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees: $30 / $15 Student Fee
2 Continuing Education Credits Available!*
For More Information (e.g., objectives, grievance process, target audience, refund policy, instructor credentials, etc.), Group Rates or to Register, Contact:
Dr. Catherine McConnell
*Allendale is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Allendale Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
As a registered social work continuing education sponsor, Allendale Association awards CEUs to social workers for attendance.
In order to meet continuing education standards, participants need to attend the programs in their entirety to receive credit.