Allendale’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) Program allows students to explore a skill or trade while offering them hands-on learning and real-life work experience. Students can earn credit towards graduation by participating in a semester-long work experience.
The CTE program at Allendale also provides comprehensive interest inventories as well as a formal assessment that helps students discover their talents and areas of interest. The goal of the CTE program is to sharpen students’ job readiness skills and develop an appropriate work ethic. Students can then pursue these interests through supportive on-campus sites as well as competitive job opportunities. Allendale’s Career and Technical Education program offers semester-long credit classes as well as enrichment classes.
Enrichment classes allow all students, from elementary grades through high school, an opportunity to explore and experience different classes within the CTE department, whether it is taking a cooking class, working on a small engine or go-cart, or making a project in the wood shop.
Allendale’s on-campus CTE programs for students provide training and opportunities in the following specialized career development areas:
Lake Villa Campus
- Bernard B. Rinella, Jr. Greenhouse/Horticulture Program and Mazza Gardens (PDF)
- Embroidery & Silk Screening Program (PDF)
- Wood Shop Program
- Auto Shop Program
- Café/Cooking classes
- Laundry Attendant: pre-vocational work site
- Recycling Program: pre-vocational work site
- Dining Hall Dishwasher: pre-vocational work site
- Music Enrichment Classes and Credit Classes
- Art, Photography, and Yearbook Enrichment Classes and Credit Classes
- Career Building Skills: interviewing, resume development, completing job applications, and assistance finding competitive employment
Satellite locations of North Chicago and LINC Therapeutic Day School, Woodstock
- Horticulture Programs
- Music Enrichment Classes
- Fine Arts Enrichment Classes
- Career Building Consultation: resume development, assistance with job application process, assistance finding competitive employment, and interview skills