Clinical & Community Services
All clinical services for the agency (residential, day treatment, outpatient and community services) are provided by therapists and trainees who are housed in this department. Therapists and mentors are trained in the REStArT model and work collaboratively with each client to achieve their personal goals.
How We Help Through Our Bradley Counseling Center (Outpatient Counseling Services):
- Assists over 600 children, adolescents, adults & local families each year through outpatient counseling & therapeutic mentoring services at our Lake Villa and Gurnee, IL locations.
- Provides individual, family and couples therapy to help clients develop more adaptive ways of dealing with personal difficulties.
- Offers comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and psychological assessments as well as community consultation and education.
- Offers anger management evaluations, as well as a skill-building anger management program.
How We Help Through Our Community Support Program:
- Offers in-home or in-school therapy for Medicaid clients (under the age of 18) who are unable to attend in-office appointments.
How We Help Through Therapeutic Mentoring:
- Provides supportive and structured therapeutic interactions designed to increase positive interactions and social skill development with the youth in his/her home community.
- Fosters opportunities for youth to develop, strengthen and practice newly learned skills within natural environments, such as home, school and community.
- Encourages involvement in positive community-based activities such as park district, YMCA, church-based, and/or other local recreation programs.
- Promotes independent living skill development.
Goals and strategies are identified collaboratively with the youth, family and the primary therapist and incorporated into the youth’s individualized treatment plan. Consistent communication is maintained between the youth, family and provider to continuously review progress. Therapeutic mentors are pre-screened, trained and supervised by Allendale staff.
How We Help Through Therapeutic Services for Stepping Stone & LINC Students:
- Therapists help each individual student identify a “Life Plan” for themselves that incorporates their educational goals (mainstreaming/graduation).
- Work with classroom staff to facilitate therapy groups in the classroom so that clients can dialogue about their Life Plans and how they are pursuing their goals.
- Consult with classroom staff regarding the implementation of the REStArT model in the classroom.
- Provide Clinical Consultation (with the classroom teacher) for each family and youth, working toward a shared understanding of the student to support the youth in achieving their goals.
How We Help Through Therapeutic Services for Residential Clients:
- Therapists help each client identify their “Life Plan” for when they are discharged and discuss with them how they are working toward their goals.
- Work with staff to facilitate therapy groups so that clients can dialogue about their Life Plans and how they are pursuing their goals, as well as how they are building healthy relationship and boundaries with others.
- Consult with staff regarding the implementation of the REStArT model.
- Provide Clinical Consultation (with the case specialist) for each family and youth, working toward a shared understanding of the student to support the youth in achieving their goals and succeed after discharge.
How We Help Through Continuing Education Program:
- Allendale supports and encourages continuing education in the fields of psychology and social work, offering continuing education programs with a variety of speakers (internal and external) on topics relevant to the field.
- Allendale is approved by the American Psychological Association to provide Continuing Education credits for psychologists.
- As a registered social work continuing education sponsor, Allendale Association awards CEUs to social workers for attendance at any of the programs listed.
View & register for one of our upcoming CE & CEU Presentations!
Did you know that the therapists at Allendale’s Bradley Counseling Center are helping people with a wide range of challenges including: depression, delinquent behavior, anxiety/panic disorder, anger management, hyperactive/impulsive/disruptive behavior, marital couple problems and family conflict.
REStArT Institute & Trainings
Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Residency Opportunity
APA Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology
Open Career Opportunities in our Clinical & Community Services Program