Specialized Education Services
“Watching youth develop, mature and make such great progress is what this is all about!” — Cathy White, Allendale Teacher
Students will return to school whether in-person or remote/home learning on Friday, August 14, 2020. View our Guide to School Reopening & COVID-19 Updates.
Allendale’s Specialized Educational Services Program is designed/dedicated to helping students along with their parents, identify their own goals, building academic skills, good work habits, and self-confidence, through an individualized K-12 educational program. Our professional staff are trained in the REStArT model and work collaboratively with each client to achieve their personal goals.
How We Help:
- Educating over 300 students on a year-round basis, including residents & daily commuters from area school districts.
- Facilitating credit recovery and improving graduation outcomes.
- Offering specialized classes and individualized attention via small class sizes & high adult-to-student ratios.
- Providing vocational training, through our on-campus grounds-keeping crews, laundry, greenhouse, auto/small engines, carpentry, embroidery/sewing and food service programs.
- Facilitating employment & job coaching for students, including training and employment at local businesses.
- Enrolling students in local community colleges and offering grants to disadvantaged kids.
Did You Know?
- School staff offer students who enter our school program either behind in math or reading or high school credits access to academic intervention and credit recovery programs.
- This past year, 100% of our campus students were involved in our Career & Technical Education program whether through enrichment classes, credit classes, or work experience.
- We offer gardening programs, at all 3 of our school sites.
- Last year 72% of the students who left our Stepping Stone Day School program either returned back to a less restrictive environment or graduated high school.
- We encourage healthy competition and offer students the opportunity to participate in 6 various activities/teams (indoor soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball, chess and bowling) through the Chicago Area Alternative Education League.
How can I get more information about the Allendale school with referral and placement information? Contact Lorine Schaar at 815-206-5725 for placement at our Lake Villa or Woodstock/LINC campuses.
Main School Office: Lake Villa Campus – 847-356-3334
Main School Office: Woodstock/LINC Campus – 815-206-5725
COVID19 School Health & Safety Guidlines For Return In-Person
COVID19 LINC School Health & Safety Guidlines For Return In-Person
COVID19 School Safety Measures
Communication to Parents regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
2020-2021 School Calendar – Lake Villa & Woodstock/LINC Campuses
School Wellness Policy
School Breakfast & Lunch Menus
Career & Technical Education Program Brochure
REStArT Institute & Trainings
Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Residency Opportunity
APA Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology
Student Teaching/Internship Opportunities
Open Career Opportunities in our Specialized Education Services Program