Residential Care & Treatment Services
“I will go the extra mile to help a kid who is trying to make a change. You may only help one kid, but it’s still worth it!” — Ryan Knupp, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
View our Guide to School Reopening & COVID-19 Updates.
Allendale’s Residential Care & Treatment Services Program gives kids a safe, clinically sound and structured world in which to heal and grow. Here, they find security in consistent routines and empowerment to set their own goals while learning to form healthy relationships. Our professional staff are trained in the REStArT model and work collaboratively with each client to achieve their personal goals.
How We Help:
- Round-the-clock treatment & care, provided in cottages at our Lake Villa, IL main campus and our North Chicago, IL facility.
- Community group home living in Waukegan, IL.
- Individualized treatment, implemented by multi-disciplinary teams led by youth and families.
- Consistent family support via routine clinical consultations with trained and licensed therapeutic staff even after the youth returns home.
- Focus on graduation and vocational/career preparation, tailored to each youth’s interests and strengths.
- Enriching, therapeutic recreational experiences…the opportunity to “just be a kid“—a new experience for all too many children.
Did You Know?
- Our North Chicago program was reported to have the shortest length of stay for youth in moderate residential treatment programs across IL according to a recent report from TRPMI (Therapeutic Residential Performance Management Initiative).
- Each fall our Group Home in Waukegan, hosts Thanksgiving with both former and current residents and their families to share memories and celebrate together their achievements.
- Like all teens, we encourage our kids to take advantage of opportunities around them. Currently we have residents employed in the community at Six Flags, Papa Johns, Great Lakes Naval Base and Wendy’s.
- In the spirit of generosity, Allendale youth volunteer their time in various ways such as “Feed My Starving Children” in Libertyville, “Save-A-Pet” in Grayslake, and North Chicago Community Days, just to name a few!
How can I get more information about placement into Allendale’s Residential program? Contact our Intake Department at 847-245-6327 or email email@example.com.
Communication to Parents regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Residency Opportunity
Social Work Internship Opportunities
REStArT Institute & Trainings
Open Career Opportunities in our Residential Care & Treatment Services Program