User Support Specialist
Provides day-to-day technical incident, problem and configuration support for internal desktop systems software and hardware and IT infrastructure, as well as basic support for local network, servers, and business applications. In this capacity, this employee installs, configures, and troubleshoots desktop systems and workstations and may assist with other issues. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel. While functional in the role, may suggest hardware and software solutions or alternatives while adhering to the department standards, policies and procedures. May participate in the development of information technology and other related processes and projects. Responsible for the configuration, imaging, testing, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of hardware and software for users. Follows specific configuration checklists and processes for the configuration of assets for user. Ensures assets are tested, the image is applied properly and any special configuration needs are addressed. This may include but is not limited to the operating system, hardware specifications or any software applications. Hardware may include laptops, desktops, PDA’s, mobile phones and external hard drives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business discipline or equivalent relevant experience. Exceptions will be considered based on agency need and experience related to position.
- Experience and successful delivery of desktop support services.
- User administration in Active Directory environment.
- Strong knowledge of system integration and downstream impacts.
- Experience with root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the need to meet user expectations with an understanding that all jobs must be completed to the satisfaction of the user.
- Proficient in providing desktop support for Office and Windows.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft certified, Apple certified or equivalent Apple/IOS experience
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, client networking, telecommunications, audio-visual and other IT related technologies.
- Provides support for Smart Network Mobile Devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.)
- Assists with maintaining asset inventory tracking and licensing information.
- Responsible for communicating site requirements to management.
- Responsible for training of site personnel on standard desktop software when possible, i.e., new users.
- Provides user support on remote connectivity issues using various technologies (VPN and Norton).
- Handles basic printer and copier maintenance.
- Provides technical support on warranty claims with IT equipment vendors.
- Supports audio visual and video conferencing equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations, and represents the Agency to other organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.