Provides day-to-day supervision of assigned unit and training of unit staff. Assists in overseeing the implementation of the unit treatment program is implemented, per the program plan. Handles crisis situations; and ensures the safety of clients and staff.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology or related human services field plus 6 months experience as Mental Health Specialist or equivalent position at Allendale Association or 5 years equivalent experience to include 1year progressively responsible residential treatment experience with Allendale.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- First Aid and CPR certified within first 90 days
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience using various PC-based software including word processing and spreadsheet software
- Provides daily supervision of unit staff work activities and unit clients in accordance with the program plan. Provides performance feedback to staff, and provides input in job performance evaluations. Attends regular team meetings and weekly unit supervisor meetings.
- Assists with the maintenance of unit work schedules in order to ensure adequate staffing levels. Arranges for unit coverage during emergencies including unexpected staff absences.
- Reviews edit reports from the electronic timekeeping system, and notifies supervisor of any necessary corrections/revisions.
- Provides assistance with the daily review of program documentation including individual, group and daily logs. Examines medication administration sheets, and documents and reports errors.
- Assists with the administration of the unit budget in accordance with the established budget parameters.
- Provides on-the-job training and technical support to new and existing staff.
- Handles crisis situations and ensures the safety of residents and staff. Mediates resident complaints/concerns and facilitates reasonable outcomes.
- Attends and participates in appropriate staffings.
- Tracks and maintains data, and prepares and presents various reports.
- Interviews applicants for vacant positions, and makes selection recommendation to supervisor.
- Makes recommendations regarding the development and/or revision of policies and programming in order to meet the needs of clients and the Agency.
- Maintains knowledge of current field trends; maintains membership in appropriate internal and external committees and professional organizations. Attends appropriate training programs.