Provides leadership and day-to-day supervision and training of unit staff. Responsible for the implementation of the REStArT model. Ensures the safety of the client and staff through the consistent application of the ABTP (managing to safety/managing to treatment). Facilitate the coordination and communication among all members of the team to ensure consistent application of treatment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology or related human services field plus 6 months experience as Mental Health Specialist or equivalent position at Allendale Association or 5 years equivalent experience to include 1 year progressively responsible residential treatment experience with Allendale.
- Demonstrate competency in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) and Agency Behavior Treatment Plan (ABTP)
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- First Aid and CPR certified within first 90 days
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience using various PC-based software including word processing and spreadsheet software
- Provides daily supervision of all unit staff (including Teacher Aides, support staff and as-needed) work activities and unit clients in accordance with the Agency treatment program including ABTP and Universal Rules. Provides performance feedback to staff and conducts job performance evaluations in consultation with program director; provides performance feedback for Teacher Aides to Teachers.
- Provides on-the-job training and technical support to new and existing staff. Facilitates staff interventions in crisis situations and ensures the safety of residents and staff.
- Attends and facilitates regular team meetings to address administrative and clinical needs. Ensures the development and implementation of client conflict cycles.
- Attends and actively participates in weekly Unit Coordinator meetings, core team meetings, classroom clinical meetings, internal client consultations and when available participates in REStArT “clinical consultation” sessions and staffings.
- Co-facilitate the Life Plan and Healthy Relationships group, as well as Community groups.
- Develops and oversees unit work schedules (Mental Health Specialists, Teacher Aides non-school time) in order to ensure appropriate staffing levels. In consultation, arranges for unit coverage during emergencies including unexpected staff absences.
- In coordination with the Therapeutic Recreation Department, develops and oversees weekly activity schedule and manages its implementation and utilization.
- Responsible for ongoing (minimally weekly but preferably daily) oversight of the electronic timekeeping system to ensure the accuracy and validity of all documented time being charged to the unit. Notifies the Milieu Supervisor of any inaccuracies and forwards to payroll any necessary corrections/revisions in a timely manner.
- Ensures completion and review of daily program documentation including individual, group and daily logs, i.e., Dangerous Behavior Incidents, Minors, Medicaid Billing, etc. Examines medication administration sheets and documents and reports errors to Milieu Supervisor and Health Services.
- Administration of the unit budget in accordance with the established budget parameters.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations, and represents the Agency to other organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations (DCFS, HFS, and accreditation).
- Performs other duties as assigned.