Under direct supervision of Teaching staff and Teacher Aide III staff, provide assistance in all aspects of classroom management to ensure a quality learning environment for the students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Special Education or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Paraprofessional certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills for basic math, reading, language arts and other core academic subject areas.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Assists teachers in implementing individual teaching plans for students in areas of small group and one-on-one instruction.
- Provides direct care and supervision of residents in cottage program areas during the morning routine and at other times as appropriate.
- Administers medication and follows medical procedures for residents as directed by Health Services Coordinator.
- Assists Teaching and Recreation staff in providing basic instruction ancillary subjects to students in areas such as music, art, physical education, etc.
- Assists in preparation of instructional material and bulletin board displays.
- Assists in presenting written program reports on students and communicating these reports to other staff at appropriate times.
- Provides assistance and support in the implementation of classroom management and reinforcement systems which are congruent with all other program areas. This includes ability to physically restrain acting out students per safety and behavior management standards.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and supervision of residents in recreation activities during school vacations and holidays.
- Transports youth to prescribed off-campus sites.
- Participates in cottage team meetings, school program planning sessions, resident meetings and Agency In-Service Training Programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.