Provides direct care and supervision of clients within the milieu in accordance with the agency treatment program including Agency Behavior Treatment Plan (ABTP) and Universal Rules. Under direct supervision of Teaching staff, provides assistance in the area of instruction and classroom management to ensure a quality learning environment for the students. Under the direct supervision on the Unit Coordinator, implements individual and group programming on the units during non-school days.
- Associate’s Degree or higher and a High School Diploma or GED or 5 years equivalent 60 Semester hours of course work and a High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience in a residential setting.
- School Bus Driver Permit.
- Under the supervision of the assigned teacher, implements instructional programs and lesson plans within small groups and one-on-one sessions.
- Understands and implements Allendale’s Universal Rules and treatment program. Implements behavioral plans in accordance with the treatment plan and/or IEP. Utilizes restrictive interventions which includes the ability to physically restrain clients when a danger to self or others in accordance with Rule 384.
- Attends and actively participates in school clinical and team meetings, agency trainings, and residential team meetings when appropriate. Maintains compliance in all required agency trainings (i.e.: TCI, CPR/1st Aid, etc.).
- Provides direct care and supervision of residents in unit program areas during the morning routine, non-school days and at other times as appropriate.
- Assists in the preparation of instructional materials and bulletin board displays. Assists with maintaining a clean and organized milieu. Ensures classroom computers and equipment are in working order. Reports maintenance needs/work requests to appropriate personnel.
- Assists Teaching staff and Recreation staff in providing basic instruction and supervision in ancillary subjects to students in areas such as music, art, physical education, leisure activities, etc.
- Assists with student record keeping such as point system, grades, and filing. Assists in presenting written progress reports on students and communicating these reports to other staff at appropriate times.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and supervision of clients in recreation activities during school vacations and holidays.
- Completes behavioral documentation and assigned Medicaid Billings. Documents shift activities on the unit.
- Administers medication and follows medical procedures for residents as directed by the Health Services Director.
- Transports youth to prescribed off-campus sites.