Quality Improvement Specialist
Provides assistance to the Associate Vice President of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) on CQI initiatives within Allendale Association. Internally audits, organizes and enters data into funding source data management systems. Assists in the compilation and presentation of CQI data, quantitative compliance tracking reports and information, as well as qualitative analysis of the data reviewed. Provides training on documentation related processes including, but not limited to, Medicaid billing and behavior management related paperwork. Conducts regular utilization and file reviews of agency required documentation and processes and provide individual/group feedback on quality and content. Assists in the coordination and preparation of agency accreditation/licensing surveys as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in continuous quality management or social services or equivalent experience. Exceptions will be considered based on agency need and experience related to position
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
- Prior experience with critical review, interpretation and analysis of data
- Provides assistance to the Associate Vice President of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) on CQI initiatives within Allendale Association.
- Assists in the compilation of and maintains Continuous Quality Improvement data, tracking reports and information, and maintaining various computerized databases, including but not limited to, data entry and formatting.
- Reviews submitted Medicaid documentation for compliance with required service components, provides feedback to staff as needed and enters compliant billing into the funder software system.
- Provides ongoing feedback and training to individuals/teams/departments regarding notes assessed as deficient with required Medicaid components.
- E-mails relevant reports to committee participants in advance of meetings or on a regular reporting schedule as requested.
- Actively participates as a member of internal CQI Committees, by preparing and presenting prepared reports as well as compiling data as requested for other committee members.
- Compiles ad-hoc data reports as requested.
- Provides training to new staff on the most frequently used residential documentation including Medicaid notes and behavior intervention required paperwork.
- Assists with regular utilization reviews, file reviews and DCFS Rule 384 reviews.
- Assists with preparation of files and reports for regular external auditing and development of and implementation of resulting corrective action plans.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of the electronic health record.
- Assists the Associate Vice President of Continuous Quality Improvement in coordination of agency accreditation/licensing surveys, Maintenance of Accreditation preparation and Periodic Performance Reviews. Assists in preparation of self-study/evidentiary materials related to all above activities.
- Updates and maintains filing system for completed/checked documents and prepare older notes for distribution to storage.
- Remains current of Rule 132, Rule 140, Rule 384 and other relevant licensing/accreditation standards. Attend trainings as appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day instruction to the CQI Administrative Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.