Painter/Maintenance Worker II
Employee performs routine maintenance of the physical plant, skilled interior and exterior painting/staining of walls, buildings, and other structural surfaces using hand/power tools, brushes, rollers, and spray equipment.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent experience. Exceptions will be considered based on agency need and experience related to the position.
- Valid driver’s license with a valid driving record.
- Three years painting and maintenance experience required.
- A working knowledge of surface preparation, paint, stain, and finish products, their application, and in the use of hand/power tools.
- One year patching, hanging, taping, and finishing drywall experience required.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment used in facilities maintenance.
- Ability to calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and work orders.
- The employee must have experience with routine maintenance of physical plant and a basic knowledge of carpentry.
- Experience with plaster, stucco, EIFS repair.
- Experience with wall paper removal and installation.
- Assists in the maintenance of a clean, safe, and healthy environment throughout the agency’s facilities. Regularly inspects assigned work areas and maintains a neat, efficient, and safe work area at all times.
- Performs drywall repairs, patching, and taping throughout the agency’s facilities.
- Performs interior and exterior painting, staining, and top coating of buildings and equipment. Prepares and repairs surfaces prior to applying the appropriate products.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of the agency’s facilities using hand and power tools.
- Assists with construction projects, as assigned.
- Assists with the planning, supervision, and direction of volunteer groups.
- Shovel, plow, and remove snow and ice from walkways, stairs, driveways and parking lots, as needed. Spreads de-icing salt and/or sand on walkways, stairs, driveways, and parking lots.
- Picks up and delivers donations, supplies, and materials for jobs, both on campus and at off-site facilities.
- Assists with agency special events such as graduations, annual meetings, and other large events.
- Prepares appropriate records and paperwork related to the completion of work assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.