Provides health services and first aid to residents, students, and staff in accordance with standard nursing procedures, regulatory standards and Allendale guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Certification or five years previous experience
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Per DCFS regulations, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, administers medications to residents and students, as needed. Assists the nurse with preparation of home visit medication packets.
- Provides assistance to lab technician and medical doctor. Completes clients’ height, weights and vital signs and distributes documentation to various staff.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, maintains client files and prepares and processes daily paperwork including paperwork related to appointments and results of appointment follow-ups. Assists the Registered Nurse with completion of Health Staffing Reports.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, contacts guardians for consents for medications and other medical services.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with coordination and scheduling of regular and emergency healthcare for clients.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, works with other Agency staff and referring agencies to assure quality and continuity of medical care and maintenance of health standards. Provides guidance to professional, supervisory and other Agency staff regarding health related issues.
- Picks up pharmaceutical supplies, as needed. Complete monthly checks on the AED, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.