Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Part-time: Weekends, 2nd Shift
Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, administers medications to residents and students. Prepares home visit medication packets. Administers injections as needed; and assists with procedures involved with medical tests.
- Illinois and Wisconsin state LPN licensure.
- CPR and Red Cross certification in first aid.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, Illinois and Wisconsin Nursing Practice Acts, and Illinois and Wisconsin Code related to schools and health care.
- Experience working in a mental health and/or school environment.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides health services and first aid to residents, students and Agency employees in accordance with standard nursing procedures, regulatory standards and Agency standards. Responds to residents regarding medical issues/concerns; and provides instruction to residents, students and staff regarding basic medical care.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, processes lab test orders and orders for new psychotropic medications, medication changes and discontinuations from physicians and psychiatrists. Maintains related records.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, maintains patient charts; and prepares and processes daily paperwork including paperwork related to appointments and results of appointment follow-ups, employee injury reports and medical incident reports. Compiles data used for treatment plans and Health Services related reports.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, contacts guardians for consents on medications or other medical services.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of regular health care for residents, students and staff including: annual physicals, dental exams, hearing and vision screenings, and routine immunizations.
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, works with other Agency staff and referring agencies to assure quality and continuity of medical care and maintenance of health standards. Provides guidance to professional, supervisory and other Agency staff regarding health related issues.
- Drives residents to medical or dental appointments, and picks-up pharmaceutical supplies, as needed.
- Conducts CPR and first aid classes, and assists with other health services related staff training as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.