Performs skilled, complex work, in the repair, maintenance, and installation of the physical plant including, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, steam distribution equipment, and energy management systems. Works from sketches and blueprints to building code standards. Provides direction to Maintenance Worker II’s and I’s. Maintains a neat, efficient, and safe work area.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Exceptions will be considered based on agency need and experience related to the position.
- Journeyman level experience in one or more of the following trades: HVAC/R, electrical, and plumbing.
- Journeyman license eligible.
- Valid driver’s license with a valid driving record.
- Plans and performs preventive maintenance on the physical plant and HVAC/R equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs change outs on residential and commercial HVAC/R equipment to include hydronic and steam boiler systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and monitors BAS, VAV, and zoned systems controls.
- Advanced ability to fabricate sheet metal and to solder, braze, fit and weld piping to complete necessary repairs or for equipment replacement.
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting skills and ability to analyze electrical systems.
- Performs duties related to special construction projects; and works with contractors and sub-contractors as assigned.
- Provides assistance in the supervision, direction, and training of Maintenance Worker II’s and I’s.
- Shovels and removes snow and ice from walkways as needed; and provides general assistance with roads and grounds maintenance as requested.
- Prepares appropriate records and paperwork related to the completion of work assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional compensation may be paid for the performance of additional duties outside of the assigned responsibilities for an employee’s position due to servicing additional clients, performing additional responsibilities due to vacancies in other positions, covering direct care shifts (by exempt classification staff) or other circumstances, as deemed appropriate.