Director of Residential Services
Provides leadership and guidance to clinical staff through planning, directing and overseeing clinical services related to Residential Services program policies, budgets, systems and procedures in order to ensure the development, growth and quality of residential clinical programs and services. Responsible for supervision, clinical program oversight, quality review, and a strong focus on the treatment for clients, including Agency REStArT Model and other trauma-informed therapeutic interventions. Assists the Vice President of Residential Services with both short-term and long-term strategic planning and forecasting.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related human services field.
- Clinical Licensure (LCSW, LCPC, Psy D)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field, to include 2 years progressive supervisory/administrative experience.
- In-depth familiarity with strength based program models, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and Behavior Management.
- Experience providing treatment with children, adolescents and adults.
- Demonstrated skills in team based collaboration with ability and commitment to working across department areas of expertise, positively bridging Residential Services, Educational Services and Clinical and Community Services.
- Proficient in computer skills in order to facilitate Web/Internet research, personal correspondence, outcomes reporting, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Familiarity With Continuous Quality/Performance Improvement principles.
- Experience in a residential treatment facility and day education in a non-profit environment.
- Familiarity with computerized database/information systems.
- Plans, formulates, directs and oversees Residential Services clinical program policies/procedures, operations, budgets, systems and procedures.
- Responsible for clinical program oversight, quality review and a strong focus on treatment planning for clients, including Agency REStArT Model and other trauma-informed therapeutic interventions or treatment modalities.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direct supervision to Residential clinical staff, including selection, evaluation, orientation, onboarding, and training of staff.
- Supervises Residential Services clinical staff to ensure the provision of trauma-informed therapeutic interventions and treatment modalities include the implementation of Agency REStArT Model and case consultation services for identified youth and their families.
- Monitors debriefing of special treatment procedures with staff, as assigned by program (Residential, Educational) Vice Presidents. Works with Vice President, Continuous Quality Improvement to track incidents that require director follow-up, maintain data bases, assess needs and trends and improve performance. Attends Unit Coordinators and Residential Directors meeting to report debriefing trends, and, in conjunction with Associate Vice President, develop, implement and monitor plans for reducing use of specialized interventions.
- Oversees and/or prepares various reports for internal/external program use and federal, state, and other accrediting, licensing and/or referral agencies as required/requested. Provides presentations and training to internal and external individuals and groups, as required.
- Participates in Continuous Quality/Performance Improvement committees and data collection, as assigned by the Vice President of Residential Services.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends with an active participation in the field; be current and knowledgeable in the latest mental health and clinical psychology policies, practices, and standards, as well as relevant treatment interventions.
- Perform other duties, as appropriately requested or required.