Director of Residential Services
Provides leadership to staff through planning, directing and overseeing milieu and clinical services, related program policies, budgets, systems and procedures in order to ensure the development, growth and quality of residential programs and services. Supervises Core Team in implementation of Agency REStArT Model. Assists the Associate Vice President of Operations with both short-term and long-term/strategic planning and forecasting.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in human services or related field (Exceptions will be considered based on Agency need and experience related to position)
- Pursuing licensure
- Three years progressively responsible experience in a residential treatment facility
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software
- Management experience
- Working knowledge of Illinois and Wisconsin child welfare regulations
- Familiarity with Continuous Quality Performance/Improvement principles
- Familiarity with computerized database/information systems
- Responsible for implementation of both short and long-term/strategic planning and forecasting for programmatic related services and general management of the Unit and any other assigned Unit.
- Plans, directs and oversees program policies/procedures, operations, budgets, systems and procedures. Provides co-supervision to Core Team members. Facilitates staffings and makes treatment plan recommendations. Trains, orients, and provides on-boarding support to new staff.
- Advises, recommends and helps formulate policies and ensures programmatic policies and directives are implemented.
- Provides direction on design and implementation of programs and related program development activities.
- Conducts debriefings with team and provides on-site assistance to the milieu as well as on-call accessibility for consultation.
- Supervises Core Team in implementation of Agency REStArT Model and ensures case consultation occurs for identified youth and the implementation of consultative feedback.
- Works closely with all levels of internal and external contacts, referral sources and regulatory agency representatives to increase multi-disciplinary efficiencies.
- Oversees and/or prepares various reports for internal/external program use and federal, state, and other accrediting, licensing and/or referral agencies as required/requested. Provides presentations and training to internal and external individuals and groups as required.
- In consultation with the Associate Vice President of Operations hires evaluates, and recommends employment status changes for department staff in areas of responsibility. Provides continuing opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations, and represents the Agency to other organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations (DCFS, HFS, and accreditation).
- Manages and participates in quality performance/improvement activities such as The Joint Commission and COA accreditation and other Q.P./I. related committee work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.