Director, Health Services
Plans, directs and coordinates medical and health services for residents and students. Responsible for implementation of both short and long-term strategic planning and forecasting for Heath Services and general management of the department. Ensure adherence to professional standards of nursing, local and state laws including licensing and accreditation standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Illinois and Wisconsin state RN licensure
- CPR certification and Red Cross certification in first aid
- Experience managing a health service office
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, OSHA BBP rules, Illinois and Wisconsin Nursing Practice Acts, and Illinois and Wisconsin Code related to schools and health care
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- Experience working in a mental health and/or school environment
- Responsible for implementation of both short and long-term strategic planning and forecasting for Health Services and general management of the department.
- Plans, directs and oversees Health Services policies/procedures, operations, budgets, systems, and procedures.
- Evaluates and coordinates medical and health services provided to residents and students ensuring the quality of services.
- Responsible for providing leadership, training, evaluation, supervision, professional development and oversight of Health Services staff.
- Oversees the coordination of medical care and works closely with all levels of internal and external contacts, referral sources and regulatory agency representatives.
- Secures the procurement of medical physician contractors, medical clinics, labs and dental providers to provide medical and health care for residents/students. Oversees the maintenance and ordering of medical and pharmaceutical services.
- Responds to and monitors physical health of clients during manual restraints per licensing and accreditation standards.
- Provides input and assistance with regard to employee wellness activities which includes coordination of the annual employee flu shot clinic. Coordinates distribution of the survey for flu shots in April/May each year, compiles data and reports to appropriate continuous quality improvement committee, as per Joint Commission standards.
- Oversees, trains, orients and provides on-boarding support/training for new staff and retraining for existing staff.
- Coordinates required training and documentation for “Waived Testing” for nursing staff. Maintain CLIA certificate waivers for both Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Oversees and/or prepares various reports for internal/external program use and federal, state, and other accrediting, licensing and/or referral agencies as required/requested. Provides presentations and training to internal and external individuals and groups as required.
- Reviews incident and medication error reports, employee injuries, and daily office visit logs; follows-up or provides retraining to staff as needed.
- Oversees implementation and maintenance of client health information databases and submission of data for continuous quality improvement program purposes.
- Manages and participates in continuous quality improvement activities such as the Joint Commission and COA accreditation and other continuous quality performance committee work.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations and represents the Agency to other organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations (DCFS, DHS and accreditation).
- Performs other duties as assigned.