Contract position; 30 Hours per Month
- Bachelor’s Degree in Foods and Nutrition from accredited school or university
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN) with the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and/or Licensed Dietician (LD) with the State of Illinois
- Ability to evaluate and advise clients on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle, manage disease or achieve a specific health-related goal.
- Assist in the development of dietetic policies and procedures.
- Meet with residents as requested by medical, nursing and other professional staff and provide consultation regarding the residents’ dietary needs and contribute pertinent information to their care plans.
- Assist in planning menus.
- Review and approve all regular and therapeutic menus for group/transitional homes.
- Counsel residents placed on modified diets.
- Provide in-service education for dietary personnel.
- Attend monthly Dietary Committee meetings.
- Participate in in-service programs for staff.
- Review and monitor conformity to health regulations and sanitation standards.
- Provide a certificate of insurance for professional liability naming Allendale Association as an additional insured.
- Certify that they are in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA) Public Law No. 104-191, 45 CFR Parts 160, 162 and 164, the Social Security Act 42 U.S.C. 1320d-2 through 1320s-7, in that they may not use or disclose protected health information other than as permitted or required by law and agrees to use appropriate safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of the protected health information.
- Certify that their services will comply with Illinois Department of Children and Family Services rules, regulations, procedures and policy guides.