Under general supervision, maintains, cleans and sanitizes classrooms, hallways/entrances, common areas, dining hall, time out rooms and all areas that students, teachers, and administrative/support staff utilize. By following policies and procedures, as established by Allendale Association, will be able to clean and maintain a sanitary and safe educational environment at the day treatment facility.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- One year custodial/janitorial experience including experience using floor & carpet cleaning equipment.
- One year general maintenance experience including assembling and moving furniture and minor building maintenance i.e. changing light bulbs, minor plumbing, electrical and school equipment repairs.
- Experience in an educational setting.
- Cleans and performs general maintenance tasks in all assigned areas by following specific procedures as outlined by the housekeeping and maintenance policies and procedures.
- Tasks involve high dusting, damp dusting, window washing, removing of curtains and blinds to be laundered or cleaned.
- All surfaces are to be cleaned. Must be able to decide on routines and which areas to focus on throughout the day.
- Dust mop, wet mop, and scrub baseboards and corners, if needed. Wash walls, all furniture and appliances, etc.
- All restrooms, as assigned, are to be cleaned following a typical 7-step cleaning process.
- Garbage in and around building to be monitored and picked up on a daily basis.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of the facility and equipment, as assigned.
- May provide vendors access and assist with or perform grounds work including sidewalk snow removal and planting bed maintenance based on seasonal/project requirements.
- Completes assigned projects when school is not in session including but not limited to stripping/waxing/buffing floors, carpet cleaning, deep cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, and repairing damaged walls, patching, and painting.
- Prepares appropriate records and paperwork related to the completion of work assignments. Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending requests for repairs.
- Maintains supply inventory and maintains a neat, efficient work area at all times. Ensures the facility is secure and locked at the end of shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.