Community Services Resource Specialist
Works with clients primarily in the Foster Care program by coordinating resources and services.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Two years progressively responsible social services experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum age 21
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Experience working in a residential treatment setting that includes work with psychologically, emotionally and/or behaviorally disabled individuals
- Prior training in Outreach/Case management duties
- Experience working with DCFS and the DMH
- Working knowledge of word processing software
- First aid and CPR certifications
- Works with clients, the court system, families, funding sources, schools and other community resources in order to assist clients in developing age-appropriate skills (social skills, independent living skills). This includes identification of daily living, vocational, recreational and social skills needs in coordination with case specialist and other program staff. Assists in the mediation of issues and conflicts; and provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides or arranges for the transportation of clients to home visits and sibling visits, medical appointments, psychological/psychiatric evaluations, court appointments, and other appointments as necessary. Ensures appropriate sources are notified of client appointments.
- Attends and participates in departmental and Agency meetings. This includes regular multi-disciplinary staffing such as comprehensive reviews, comprehensive treatment plans, case monitoring and extended updates for assigned clients.
- Maintains familiarity with community resources and make community contacts. Assists other Agency staff in establishing community linkages.
- Assists clients with moving of personal household, usually from one apartment or foster home to another, as needed.
- Researches and recommends resources such as: funding sources (scholarships and other financial supplements for education/training program), community programs, and discharge resources.
- Provides assistance with Foster Care program events, as needed.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field and attends appropriate training programs.
- Assists with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.