Case Specialist Manager
Plan and provide direction on design and implementation of programs and related program development activities. Provides leadership to Case Specialists through planning, supervision, training, directing and oversight. Assists the Vice President of Residential Services with both short-term and long-term/strategic planning and forecasting.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related Human Services field
- Three years’ experience as a Case Specialist, or related position
- Working knowledge of DCFS, ISBE, DHS-DD, Probation and HFS procedures
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database software and electronic health record.
- First aid and CPR certifications
- Plan and provides direction on design and implementation of programs and related program development activities.
- Advises, recommends and helps formulate policies, procedures and manuals and ensures programmatic policies and directives are implemented.
- Interviews, hires, trains, provides technical support, supervises, evaluates performance, and makes employment status recommendations for Case Specialists. Provides continuing opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Co-Chairs weekly Case Specialist meeting with the VP of Residential Operations.
- Reviews treatment plans and mental health assessments and provides feedback to ensure technical compliance.
- Reviews admission files/documents for completeness.
- Communicates with the Case Specialists to ensure accurate projections for internal transfers and scheduled discharges, in conjunction with Intake Coordinator.
- Monitors compliance with transition protocol steps.
- Assists with post-discharge follow-up processes, as needed.
- On call for emergencies by phone or in person.
- Oversees and/or prepares various reports for internal/external program use and federal, state, and other accrediting, licensing and/or referral agencies as required/requested. Provides presentations and training to internal and external individuals and groups as required.
- Manages and participates in quality performance/improvement activities such as The Joint Commission and COA accreditation and other C.Q.I. related committee work.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations, and represents the Agency to other organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations (DCFS, HFS and accreditation).
- Performs other duties as assigned.