Full-Time; Varied hours
Acts as liaison between assigned clients, the clients’ families, guardians, funding sources, referral sources and other individuals involved in the treatment of clients. Prepares required reports and ensures all relevant parties are informed of clients’ needs, goals and treatment progress on a timely basis.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent experience. Exceptions will be considered based on agency need and experience related to position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- First Aid and CPR certified within first 90 days.
- Prior training in case management experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing software.
- Experience working with DCFS or Probation Department, DHS, and School Districts.
- Maintains regular communications with parents, guardians, appropriate staff, referring and funding sources of assigned clients regarding the clients’ progress in the program and other pertinent information.
- Prepares and presents reports of pertinent client information at regular multi-disciplinary staffings, including comprehensive treatment plan reviews, case monitorings, and extended updates for assigned clients. Assists with establishing goals for assigned clients as staffings.
- Provides or arranges for the transportation of clients to home visits, medical appointments, psychological/psychiatric evaluations, court appointments, and other appointments as necessary. Ensures all appropriate staff are notified of client appointments.
- Collects and compiles data; and prepares various reports as needed, including behavior management reports, data collection sheets, court reports, DCFS reviews, DHS quarterly reports and DHS Individual Care Grants.
- Attends various regular meetings, including meetings with Program Coordinator, Unit Coordinator, Transitional, Volunteer liaison, and Case Specialist meetings.
- Arranges weekly home visits, Volunteer/Big Pal visits and visiting resource visits; and supervises visits as needed. Performs quarterly home studies for homes visited by clients.
- Updates and maintains various records including consents for treatment and emergency information.
- Contacts outside agencies regarding discharge resources, follows-up as needed.
- Conducts and writes social skills assessments and activities of daily living assessments.
- Assists unit direct care staff with child care duties.
- Attends court and ACR’s at DCFS.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field; and attends appropriate training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.