Associate Vice President of Program Operations
Assist the Vice President in administering, supervising and coordinating Residential Programs for youth and their families. Provides leadership with regard to the administrative supervision component of the Residential Programs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related Human Services field.
- Minimum of seven years experience in the field, to include prior clinical supervisory experience and administrative experience.
- Familiarity with Continuous Quality Improvement principles.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- LCSW or LCPC licensed
- Assists in planning, developing and administrating the approved Residential Programs utilizing effective and efficient procedures of control.
- Assists the Directors in supervising and coordinating the day to day operations of the Residential Programs. Delegate’s supervisory authority and responsibilities to key professional staff in order to effectively and efficiently carry-out programmatic efforts.
- Provides leadership with regard to the administrative supervision component of the Residential Programs. Assist Director in all staff activities relating to transfers, promotions, discipline and discharges.
- Chairs weekly Unit Coordinator Meeting.
- Functions as Administrator on Duty two times/week for the Residential Services program.
- Coordinates with the Directors and Vice President to develop and administer staffing plans and schedules, which meet the demands of the programs and are within budgetary limits.
- Assists with the development and the administration of program and professional staff policies, procedures and by-laws, which are consistent with the Agency’s treatment philosophy. Interprets Agency policies and procedures to all Residential Program personnel and outside referring agencies.
- Trains, supervises, and reviews performance of assigned staff. Makes recommendations for employment, promotion, termination, merit pay changes, and other employment status changes. Reviews and approves payroll items of assigned staff.
- Functions as agency liaison to DCFS and external agencies ensuring compliance with licensing regulation standards.
- Assists the Vice President with the implementation of the continuous quality improvement program for the Residential Program. Participates as a member of the Safety/Risk Management Committee.
- Assist the Vice President in the development and recommendation of short and long range goals and objectives. Develops policies and procedures that are consistent with sound child welfare, education and child mental health practices.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends. Maintains membership with appropriate professional organizations and represents the Agency to external organizations. Maintains working knowledge of federal and state regulations as well as accreditation standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.